Monday, June 9, 2014

Today we started on the trip to Nova Scotia (henceforth NS).  We went the back way to avoid the I-26 I-20 traffic in the early morning.

No issues until we got to West Virginia.  We had some traffic after Charlotte but that thinned out.  Here are some shots from the road in West Virginia. 




We were on I-79 when Bill spotted a deer.  It was a doe and turned and left the road and ran into the woods.

Further down the road a deer ran out into the road.  We were in the left lane of a four lane road.  The deer ran directly in front of me and I clipped the deer.  (See below)


Bill took the picture when he went back to collect some stuff the was thrown out of one of the side cases (right hand case) when the deer was spun around my the bike.  I bungeed the side case together and we headed down the road to the motel  Here is some plastic damage to the  bike, nothing major it appears since the bike seems to ride fine.  We tested it for about 40 more miles to the hotel

An interesting start.  We shall press on.

Here are some pics of the bike after I got it back together.


 
 
And in case you wondered, we are both fine.  The deer spun around after hitting my bike and spun in front Bill who dodged it (well ne said he moved a little).  Its body, once its head was hit, struck the right side of the bike, the side case and my leg.  I felt the impact but there was no damage, just the impact  I may have a bruise tomorrow. 
 
At the time of impact, the bike shimmed a little, the front end doing two or three shakes/wobbles and then steadied out.  I shifted to the right land and pull off the road to check damage. 
 
Right now no issues, physical or mental.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all are in my neck of the woods, Appalachia!! Glad to hear no one was seriously injuried by the deer...well except for the deer. Stay safe, enjoy and keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete